UK manufacturers wanting to adopt the latest digital technologies will be able to bid for a new £30 million R&D competition.
- Government launches £30 million R&D competition for projects aiming to radically boost the productivity and agility of UK manufacturing
- Competition forms part of the Manufacturing Made Smarter Challenge, funded through the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund
- The Fund - a key part of Government’s modern Industrial Strategy - will support the application of new digital technologies, including AI and Virtual Reality, in manufacturing
UK manufacturers wanting to adopt the latest digital technologies will be able to bid for a new £30 million R&D competition open today (Monday 22 July) through the Government’s modern Industrial Strategy.
The R&D competition is part of the Manufacturing Made Smarter challenge to support the transformation of UK manufacturing by encouraging the development and integration of industrial digital technologies.
The Manufacturing Made Smarter Challenge will:
- Provide a collaborative and cross-sector approach to digital technology R&D and innovation to boost UK manufacturing productivity and competitiveness;
- Encourage the cooperation of small, medium and large scale companies throughout the UK supply chain to develop new digital capabilities and knowledge to become the recognised global leader in the application of industrial digital technologies such as data analytics, immersive technologies, connected environments and the Internet of Things; and
- Provide the platform for digital technology companies to engage directly in manufacturing.